Sunday, April 15, 2007

More about me

I guess I should explain a bit more about who I am so reading this blog won't be a complete shot in the dark. Well, I call myself the apple, since like the old saying, I fell down not far from the tree. In fact, as Big Apple (my mommy) likes to say, I plummeted. I'm very similar to my mother in temperament and mannerisms. People are always confusing us on the telephone. So to commemorate this aspect of our relationship I decided to name my blog "Not Far From the Tree."

I have two younger siblings - a sister (hereafter known as Pickle) and brother (I'll call him Gameboy). They are my nearest and dearest and annoyingest. We all get along when we want to.

My father and I also are very close. Currently he is trying to teach my how to drive so that makes our relationship rocky at times.

Things I think are a waste of time:
Facebook
Making my bed in the morning (I'm just going to sleep in it at night anyway)

Things I spend time doing:
Looking at galleries of people that I don't know on OnlySimchas (occasionally, I have what I call an "OnlySimchas sighting" - I'll see a couple that I recognize from OnlySimchas. They don't know me and I don't know them personally, but I know their names, places of origin and what color everyone wore to their wedding)
Procrastinating
Schoolwork when I feel like it
Wishing that I had lots of expendable cash so I could go to Brooklyn and go nuts shopping for expensive clothing
Cooking for Shabbat

Things I would like to do:
Not procrastinate
Go on a trip to a warm, sunny place with beaches and actually swim in the water
Exercise on a regular basis
Meet Barack Obama
Take my computer to get fixed so when I close it the edges are flush
Not say things that I'll regret later
Pass my road test and get my license (Pickle actually got hers before me)

This summer I will be interning in Washington, D.C. in a congressional office. Whose office I don't know yet, but it should make interesting material for this blog. Right now I'm a sophomore in college and really liking it. Sometimes I can't believe that I'm this old. I remember being much younger (and smaller) and looking at older people (like twenty-year-olds) and thinking that they are SO BIG. Well, now that's me. Kind of scary.

Okay, it's getting late so I'll sign off now. Bye!

3 comments:

SJ said...

You can hide but you can't hide! Think you're so sneaky starting another blog without telling me??? Well, I have discovered you now, and there is no escape!!!!

jackie said...

Hehe, I've seen "onlysimchas couples" before also. Does that make me stalker? :-)

Oh, and hi! Nice blog, so far!

Erachet said...

re: The Road Test (cue: scary music). The road test has been my nemesis ever since I was seventeen. I was (read: still am, kinda) afraid of driving and I'm not even going to disclose the amount of times I took (and failed) the road test, but it was probably my biggest hurdle these past few years (sad, huh?). BUT I FINALLY PASSED IT. Just recently, actually. My younger brother got his license basically a FULL YEAR before I got mine. So I'm totally with you on the not-having-a-license-yet deal.

By the way, it's funny reading your blog backwards. You know, most recent post to earliest post. Really, I'm procrastinating so that I won't have to do my Latin homework for a few more minutes.