Tuesday, May 8, 2007

"So what's the most sketchified place in town?"

So, I've actually found a great place to study, a place where I don't get distracted and get a lot of work done. Unfortunately, it's also considered one of the sketchiest places on earth.

So why am I, a nice frum aidel maidel BY graduate girl sitting in a sketchy place? Because I have determined that this is my hishtadlus to getting good grades this semester. As undesirable a place as it is, I am at my most productive when I sit there. During the reading period that I had before finals, I got almost nothing done. Every day, I made a list for myself of all the stuff I had to do, and I did like maybe two or three things on the ten-item list over a span of four days. PA-THE-TIC! (I learned that I really do not work well without structure.)

So in order to combat my procrastination, I have found myself a great place to study, and I'm just powering through my list. Ha-HA!

P.S. I just noticed that I started every paragraph of this post with the word "so." Hmm.
P.P.S. Did anyone get the Wicked reference? Anyone? Ten figurative points to the person who guesses it!
P.P.P.S. No spam poem this week, because I only got one piece of junk mail. How cool is that? Maybe by grousing about that on this blog, the evil spam senders were scared off and now I am a nearly spam-free woman! Mwah ha ha ha ha!

5 comments:

Erachet said...

"So, where's the most swankified place in town?" Fiyero to Galinda in the song "Dancing Through Life."

Please. I know my Wicked.

=D

Good luck studying!

jackie said...

I also caught the reference.

Ah, the lobby. I studies for a finals there last spring. Worked great, until around 10:30 at night, when the surrounding crowd began to be more distracting.

Hatzlacha studying!

Chaya said...

bs'd

You the Apple,

I can't believe I succumbed to studying with you in your office. It wasn't too bad, but I still think that something should be done to reclaim that room for us women.

-C

the apple said...

Chaya - I agree. Maybe there should be two lobbies - one for us, one for people with guests. And that one should be smaller. And ours should have big, wide comfy leather couches that you can plop down on.

Anyway, turned out my method of studying was better. Did you notice that the test was almost verbatim from the review sheet?

Chaya said...

You the Apple,

I did notice that the test was almost verbatim from the review sheet. However, I still like my method better. Where are you going to get the answers to the questions if not from your notes?! In any case, if it makes you feel any better...it's not you, it's me. Or is it you? I'm not sure. (Just joking.)

Good luck on the rest of your finals.

-C