Monday, May 28, 2007

This is me


Well, okay, not really. (By the way, sorry guys, I tried to crop her arm out but it didn't work.)

But this is what I WANT to look like - my hair, at any rate. After I graduated high school, I cut my veeeery long, curly, frizzy hair into a cute, short pixie cut. This Chanel picture is the one I brought to the salon so the stylist could see what I wanted. And she did an excellent job, and my hair style is now much more flattering, at least on Shabbat, when I take the time to iron it and make it look smooth. During the week I kind of let it air dry, with puffy results.

I wish my hair looked like that picture all the time. Instead I look something like this:


Okay, I'm kind of exaggerating (and I most assuredly do not look male). But now that the weather has become really humid, my hair is frizzy and curly. NOOOOOOOO! My hair cannot do this to me! I have an important job starting in a week from today and I need hair that will stay straight! All day!

Heeeeeelp . . .

So does anyone have an idea of a hair product that will keep my hair from clouding up?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mousse maybe? Gel? Good luck!

fudge said...

honey, i have your hair, and having suffered the napoleon dynamite dilemma...i've taken up disco!

no, the truth is it's a mixed bag. you never know what you're gonna get. i buy really cheap suave wash-out conditioner, and i leave it in, and that usually makes it manageable. give it a shot! it's cheap!

Chana said...

Sweetheart,

Your hair will be fine. All shall be well. And from now on I shall have to call you Chanel Number Five (as a play on the picture and the perfume.)

;)

Scraps said...

Sometimes a little bit of hand lotion will help smooth things down, or watered-down conditioner. Pour a little on your hands, rub lightly together, and then smooth over your hair.

the apple said...

Okay, well, in order to solve my hair, ahem, problem, I . . . (drumroll, please) . . .

cut my hair shorter!

Now there's less of it to frizz. But I will most definitely be trying some of these suggestions. Thank you all!

Chana, it's actually an advertisement for Coco Mademoiselle. The first time I saw this picture was November of 2004. I instantly fell in love with the haircut, but didn't have the guts to cut it til July 2005.

Scraps, I have actually tried the hand lotion thing before. Does it make your hair super-oily?

Scraps said...

If you only use a little bit, it doesn't make your hair too oily. Someone told me (and I don't know if this is true or not, but I'll tell you anyway) that using conditioner in your hair actually keeps your body from producing its own natural oils as quickly, because it doesn't register as being too dry and therefore requiring more oil. So it could, at least in theory, make your hair a little less oily, not more.

jackie said...

Hey, when I saw the picture and the caption, my first reaction was, "Hey, that does sort of look like you!" Not a bad resemblance!

:-)

the apple said...

Jackie, my mother thought so too! ;)

Jewish Blogmeister said...

You can thank me later for this info. The absolute best striaghtening conidtioner on the market is dangerously straight by herbal essence. How do I know? MKy wife asked me to buy it for my daughter who has curly hair that looks like shirley temple :). Let me know how it works for you.