Tuesday, October 9, 2007

OH MY

Okay, so I have a paper due on Wednesday which requires me to go through all the reading that I've done so far from the class and then concisely (but not too concisely) summarize it in a logical, well-thought-out argument. I have not really started this paper. I have like four measly lines that need to be, ahem, developed. Just thinking about this paper and how little I've done for it makes me start breathing faster. I am deluding myself into thinking that this paper is going to magically write itself, which, of course, it will not do, but so far the delusion is holding.

Then tonight I misplaced my ID, which not only lets me into all the school buildings but also functions as my food debit card and has my keys hanging off of the handy plastic container that it's in. Which brings me to two points:

1. THANK G-D I decided to remove the little paper that tells everyone what room the keys unlock, so at least someone who doesn't know me and doesn't know where I live can't break into my room.

2. I have no idea how I'm going to afford to eat food in the caf tomorrow until I get a new ID (or find my regular one. Sob.), so please accept this blog post as a desperate cry for foodage in the caf. (I like the word "foodage." My roommate in seminary made it up. Also she made up the word "sleepage.")

3. Why the heck in NYC so darn humid and hot in OCTOBER, for goodness sakes? This is unrelated to my ID card but I thought I'd throw that out there. Also this is my third point, even though I wrote that "this brings me to two points." Well gosh darn it, I'm a woman and I'm allowed to be contradictory!

I'm a bit of a weird mood right now.

Plus there's some other personal stuff going on which is making me all stressed out. And I feel squeezed very tight with all my extracurriculars. Plus if I don't return that majorly overpriced skirt to Anthropologie VERY SOON I am afraid that it will end up sitting in my room all semester, and in a moment of sheer desperation I just might wear it and thus render it unreturnable.

So basically I feel like a pat of butter spread too thinly over a too-big piece of toast, to paraphrase Bilbo's metaphor.

5 comments:

Scraps said...

(((hugs)))

Good luck, dear...

jackie said...

Gam zeh ya'avor. I promise.

SephardiLady said...

It is way too hot and humid. I'm on house arrest! Hope all is well and come visit sometime.:)

the apple said...

UPDATE: the ID has been found. I repeat, the ID has been found. Baruch Hashem!

Scraps - (((returns the hugs)))

Jackie - thanks for the chizuk.

SL - I'd love to! Hopefully soon... (And luckily the hot weather has broken here - it's now much cooler.)

Yeshiva Bachur said...

Calm down.