Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hehe

You know what I realized after my last couple of posts?

I have not discovered any magical secrets of life. I am simply coming to recognize the human condition, as it is - flawed, imperfect, but always reaching for more. Coming to these realizations, as universal as they might be, are always exciting and new when you can articulate them for yourself, and somehow hold extra meaning when you achieve this understanding for yourself and aren't just parroting what everyone around you says.

7 comments:

Ezzie said...

See my comment on the previous post. :)

Madd Hatter said...

U go girl :)

corner point said...

Ah...

That is the magical secret of life...

the apple said...

Thanks y'all. And Corner, you're right - self-discovery *is* magical :). And exciting. And thrilling. And even crystallizing, if we're lucky.

David_on_the_Lake said...

i wonder if I still have..something undiscovered inside me..
hmmm

the apple said...

David - I think everyone does . . .

Scraps said...

It can be incredibly exhilarating and freeing to truly realize that you are only human. It's like...you mean, it's not just me? Other people think this, feel this too? I don't have to be perfect in every way and impervious to all pain and injury--physical, emotional or otherwise? Woooooow. :)