Wednesday, December 5, 2007

7 things meme

As many other bloggers have noted, this is very reminiscent of the 8 things meme that went around in the summer. I was tagged by Scraps, though, and I like memes, so I thought I'd do it again.

1. I'm an extremely light sleeper. I wake up from the littlest bit of noise or light, so I need to sleep in pitch darkness and complete silence. If I'm really tired enough, I can sleep for 9-10 hours, but on average, I wake up after having slept only about 5 hours. Usually this means that I'm a complete zombie during the day.

2. I never seem to know how much milk to pour into a bowl of cereal. It always ends up being too much, so then I add more cereal, but then I need more milk . . . breakfast takes me a really long time :D.

3. The first time I took my road test, I failed in five different ways. (Let's see if I can remember all: didn't signal on the K-turn, drove too slowly, forgot to signal before pulling out of a parked position, messed up parallel parking [two wheels over the curb. No idea how it happened.], and one more thing which I've forgotten.)

4. When I was younger, I pretended I had a catering company and kept a notebook of clients and menus.

5. It drives me crazy when people around me daven shemona esrei loud enough that I can hear every word. Not to mention that it's halachically incorrect.

6. I got my first pair of glasses when I was in third grade.

7. I dislike the taste of mint, unless it's in toothpaste or mouthwash. Oh, and Thin Mints - the Girl Scout cookies. Those are goooooooood. But I don't like mint candy, mint gum, or chocolate with that nasty mint goo inside. Or actually, chocolate with any kind of goo inside.

8 comments:

Madd Hatter said...

1) Me too! I have orange earplugs which help a lot though.

2)me too!

halfshared said...

Oh my gosh. 1,2,5,7 are sooo me!!! I tried earplugs lol but they fall out within half hour!!Omg, I thought I'm the only teen/adult that has difficulty sleeping!

Scraps said...

1. I'm the total opposite. Half the time I fall asleep with the lights still on, and I have been known to fall asleep under pretty noisy conditions as well.
2. Hehehe...I can relate. That's why I eat my cereal dry most of the time now. (And it lasts longer that way, too...don't have to worry about it getting soggy!)
3. That's impressive! I passed on my first try; I made a couple of small errors, but nothing bad enough to fail me.
4. That is...interesting. And entertaining. No one can say you're not creative!
5. Oh my gosh, me too! I thought I must be horribly intolerant or something, but I guess it's not just me. Phew.
6. I had my last pair of glasses when I was in third grade. My first pair was when I was three.
7. I like mint everything. No candy canes for you, more for me!

David_on_the_Lake said...

enjoyed reading this...

Catering business?? lol
do you still have that notebook..? and have prices gone up alot since then?

Erachet said...

1. I'm a pretty light sleeper but I don't need pitch blackness - in fact, I can sleep in any amount of light unless it's glaring in my face or something. And as to the rest, ditto. Especially about the waking up after only five hours thing.

2. SAME HERE.

3. Oh man, totally not going into my road test stories here.

4. ooh! My brother and I used to pretend we owned a restaurant and would "cook dinner" (or, you know, make everyone bowls of cereal or something, and maybe sandwiches) and make menus and stuff.

5. SAME HERE.

6. SAME HERE.

7. I don't mind spearmint or mint that isn't so minty, but if it's really minty, I just feel like I'm eating toothpaste and that's yuck. But thin mints are AWESOME. Don't like Peppermint Patties.

Bad4shidduchim(in exile) said...

atchoo! Oh, did I wake you up? Sorry.

corner point said...

1) Interesting...I'm similar in some ways. I can't fall asleep if it's too light or if there's noise. I actually have a clip-on fan stuck on my bed. I'm still using it as a source of white noise even though it's getting kinda cold... It's funny, tho. A lot of noise doesn't bother me, just if it's distinct noise, like music, or voices, or sounds in regular intervals (like hammering) I also noticed that since I've been getting less sleep recently, I also usually can't sleep for long stretches at a time anymore without waking up. Shuks.

3) Isn't it once you fail for something, you've failed? :P

6) I got mine in second. I'm many pairs away from that one by now...

7) How bout tic-tacs? That's like toothpaste in a little dot

flatbush gal said...

I also hate chocolate with goo!!