Thursday, January 10, 2008

Vacation surprise

I received the most wonderful gift from my parents a couple days ago: a trip to Israel.

I'm going with my mother to see my sister who is in seminary, and to run errands and visit people. I cannot tell you how unbelievably thrilled I am to be going back to Israel. Just the thought of being able to walk the streets of the holiest land on earth gives me chills and makes me feel a little teary.

I almost can't believe that I'm going back to the land where I experienced so much confusion and inner upheaval. Except that now I'm coming back as a different person, with a much greater sense of herself. I'm actually really looking forward to going on my own terms this time. I'm not afraid to show the people who remember me as I was a few years ago what I have become and how my thought processes have changed. I'm ready for that. I'm ready to be unabashedly myself.

Ahh, Israel.

5 comments:

Ezzie said...

Sometimes short posts say things best. :)

Have a wonderful and safe trip, and say hi to anyone who might know us!

PS Super jealous.

Scraps said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Have a GREAT time!

:-)

Diet Dr. Pepper said...

Yay!

You know where I live. (subtle hint)

Enjoy your visit!

jackie said...

If you check this in Israel, and you'd like to reach me this week, my rented cell number is o5o 687-o9ll.

Maybe I can catch you on Friday?

halfshared said...

That is an awfully nice surprise. I hope you enjoy every second of being there and that you come back refreshed and ready to conquer the world. Have a safe and meaningful trip. Have me in mind.